Serv-Safe Certification (National Restaurant Association)
The ServSafe certification is obtained through our Introduction to Culinary Arts & Hospitality course.
ServSafe is a nationally recognized food safety and sanitation certification for the restaurant and hospitality industries. North Carolina Family and Consumer Sciences Education (FACS) students taking Foods II Advanced/Enterprise or Culinary Arts and Hospitality sequences of courses can sit for the ServSafe Manager Food Protection assessment. The textbook, ServSafe® Essentials, 5th Edition, is used in the classroom to help prepare students for the examination. There are numerous reasons why North Carolina Career and Technical Education, FACS students should obtain the ServSafe credential:
- ServSafe training meets the needs of teenaged learners. It is engaging, for greater comprehension and better application.
- The ServSafe Manager Food Protection Certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Conference for Food Protection (CFP).
- The ServSafe Manager Food Protection Certification Exam is valid, reliable, and legally defensible.
- This is a certification the industry trusts. More than 3 million ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certifications have been awarded to date.
- Because ServSafe Certification meets the needs of today’s diverse industry. Written examination booklets are offered in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French Canadian and large print. Online exams are offered in English, Spanish and Chinese.